This is an old post from the year 2012 recovered from the Web Archive.
Go! Go get it! The Mac build will be up soon.
New in this release:
- The finished dretch! Fully textured and animated.
- A new interface! The main screen has been redone, along with the menus and the map loading screen.
- Players with older hardware can turn off the new models for increased performance, using these three cvars:
- In regards to gameplay, we’ve added anti-spawnblocking, as well as a few tweaks to the lucifer cannon, pulse rifle, and flamethrower. The tweaks are off by default, and may be enabled on a hosted server for testing.
- We’ve cleaned up the voting code, and in addition to some changes, we’ve added two new vote types. Spectate votes will force players onto the spectator team, and function as a lighter kick. Polls, an old favorite, have been implemented too! To enable them, use g_pollVotesPercentage, with the value set to the winning percentage.
- For in-game administrators, troublesome players can be locked onto the spectator team for a little while, using the speclock and specunlock commands. In addition, you can now warn players.
- For HUD designers, you can now use health bars and build timer progress bars.
- A GLSL shader cache allows for faster loading times for those using the new renderer.
- The console, for those running from a terminal, now has support for 256 colors.