This is an old post from the year 2012 recovered from the Web Archive.
Go, get it!
- The new tyrant! Go, crush things! In addition to slashing things, it also has an animation where it bites at you. Currently the bite has no in-game effect, but it looks cool!
- QVM support! This allows us to provide non-asset updates with increased cross-platform support. It also increases the security of our game by running code in a sandbox, preventing malicious server hosts from running outside code on your system.
- Some model tweaks! The pulse rifle should display properly on both renderers now, and is properly positioned. The dretch model has been scaled up slightly and the dragoon model has been scaled down, but the collision boxes of both remain the same.
- Fixes for MD5 models! Corpses are fixed, and we now have blending support, allowing for multiple animations to display on the same model. Thus, you can attack and move around at the same time, for example.
- A voice chat menu! We’ll be working on prettifying this, but for the meantime it’s fully functional. Just press ‘o’ and a menu will come up, allowing you to easily access all of the voice messages.
- Font upgrades! We now have outline fonts and support for unicode. You can also adjust the font size.
- A new set of alien icons! Updated to reflect our current alien team.
Addendum by Darren Salt on 2012-01-06 20:49
Upgrading from 0.3.5 or older
• Before you start the game, you’ll need to tweak your configuration files (usually just autogen.cfg, wherever it may be stored): replace “bind \” with “bind BACKSLASH”.
GNU/Linux users can use the following incantation to alter your configuration a little to do this. (Others may be able to use something similar.)
sed -i -e ‘s/bind \\/bind BACKSLASH/’ ~/.Unvanquished/main/*.cfg
• When you first start the game, you’ll need to type /reset protocol into the console before trying to connect to a server.