This is an old post from the year 2012 recovered from the Web Archive.
Here’s a tentative list of things to expect in our second alpha, which is to be released on April 1st. That’s just a few days away!
- Voice says, or “vsays” for short. Now you can command your teammates around with voice chat! No need for multicolored text binds! There are vsays for both teams, and there are enough of them to apply to almost any situation.
- Builders will appreciate our new variable build distance feature, which allows you to change the construction distance by looking up and down. Perfect for wall-walking grangers and people looking to place things with added precision or in cramped spots!
- You’ll be able to use more complex binds, including binds that work only when a certain key is pressed, such as shift or control.
- The new dragoon texture, by Stannum! Both the regular and advanced dragoons will have a new texture, with color variants.
- Console command auto-completion for more commands, including buy and class.
- Many bugfixes, including the one about invisible entity detection on Nano. Thanks for pointing them out to us! You win!
We have a lot of models that are in a nearly finished state, but still require a few minor texture jobs or animations. They won’t make it into this alpha, but they will definitely be in our third alpha, in which you can expect a flood of new models. The expected third alpha release date is May 1st, which, following our tradition of using silly holidays like Leap Day and April Fools Day, is International Worker’s Day. Hooray!