Pistol

Models and textures for players, weapons and buildables.
Viech
Project Head

Pistol

Post by Viech »

The Pistol is a sidearm weapon that can be bought as a replacement for the standard Blaster. While the latter is free and doesn't require ammunition, it suffers from a slow rate of fire and an even slower projectile speed, reducing a user's chances of surviving an alien assault significantly. Especially frontline engineers with a construction kit as their primary "weapon" will be delighted to hear that they can pack a semi-automatic gun with similiar damage output and precision as the standard SMG.

Concept art by alex_bo:

If you are modeling this beauty, you are invited to engrave your name on its side in the form of "O'Dowd & Name Firearms" (O'Dowd being the name of the concept artist).

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Pongoloid

Re: Pistol

Post by Pongoloid »

Hey guys, I'd like to tackle this one. I can probably start this weekend.

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

Sure, go ahead! You can post updates in this thread.

kharnov
Granger

Post by kharnov »

Regarding technical specifications, aim for an upper limit of approximately 4-6k tris for the polycount. The texture should ideally be 1024 squared in a lossless format, like TGA or PNG. Required maps would include diffuse, specular, and normal. You can also make glow and gloss maps where appropriate.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

I guess 2048 for the textures would be better, we can always scale down later. A glow map would be required for the tritium sights.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

kharnov
Granger

Post by kharnov »

Right. Also, a lower-detail model can be made afterwards for third-person.

Pongoloid

Post by Pongoloid »

Hey guys, I haven't had much time to work on it but here's what I have so far. The transparent stuff is what I've started blocking in.

Attachments
WIP01.jpg
WIP01.jpg (231.81 KiB) Viewed 4677 times
Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Looks good so far! Thanks for the update. :smile:

kharnov
Granger

Post by kharnov »

Nice! Follows the concept closely and looks great so far. Can't wait for the next update.

Pongoloid

Post by Pongoloid »

Here's where I'm at now. Just missing a couple parts and the leathery texture on the grips.

Attachments
WIP03.jpg
WIP03.jpg (90.76 KiB) Viewed 4643 times