New and Old Models

Request new features or present your ideas.
archzombie

New and Old Models

Post by archzombie »

One of the main complains I, and some others, have with this is that the models are rather unsightly.

While this is a matter of opinion, an option in the menus to use the old models would be very nice.

This could convince more tremulous players to play unvanquished.

Kabootles

Re: New and Old Models

Post by Kabootles »

Unvanquished is moving to be its own unique game. A primary reason tremulous has fallen out of favor is that it lacks even standard graphics and animation quality. UNV is still in alpha, not even beta yet... I know people are working very hard and doing their best on the models, and as we progress there will continue to be improvements.

"I feel so alone, gonna end up a big old pile of them "

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

There are commands you can use to disable the new models. Just type cg_highpoly and hit tab to auto-complete, and you'll see a few of the cvars. Set them to 0 to disable them.

By the way, which models don't you like? If they're the basilisk, marauder, or dragoon, we're replacing those very quickly. Some of the guns are also being redone. A lot of things are still a work in progress.

Your feedback is very important to us, we'd love to hear any suggestions or criticisms.

WhiteTech
Mantis

Post by WhiteTech »

archzombie wrote:

One of the main complains I, and some others, have with this is that the models are rather unsightly.

While this is a matter of opinion, an option in the menus to use the old models would be very nice.

This could convince more tremulous players to play unvanquished.

Like kharnov said if it's the Basi, mara and goon, they're being changed. lol Ive ranted about them previously.

but yeah I agree with you it is personal opinion.... but I freaking love the rest of the new models ;)

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

I'd like to keep the basilisk's dark colour, although the model itself has to go. I have to say its dark colour is benificial in lots of situations. As for advance basilisk, i guess an auto camoflaging or cloak would do.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

archzombie

Post by archzombie »

There is still not an option to use the old models. This is my only real complaint with the game.

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

There is an option. In fact there are several options. I don't remember what they are exactly, but you can use cg_highpoly followed by hitting tab for auto-completion.

Kynes

Post by Kynes »

Setting cg_highPoly* cvars to 0 takes away all of the md5 models. Since mara, basi, and maybe goon (I don't remember) are still md3 models, you'll still see them. Once we have those fixed up, the cg_highPoly* cvars will allow you to use only original trem models.