recursive error syscall ABI mismatch

Get support for Unvanquished.
Drakov

recursive error syscall ABI mismatch

Post by Drakov »

Hello,
I'm just new to the game and everytime I try to launch a server, the game crashes and shows me "recursive error syscall ABI mismatch"

So I tried to add a special command like told on the wiki in the shortcut of daemon but still doesn't work. Deleted files vms, still doesn't work.
My config :
Laptop Windows 7, processor I5 2,50 GHz 3210m, graphic card Nvidia 630m 1 Go dedicated, Intel graphics HD 4000 and 4 Go RAM.

Viech
Project Head

Re: recursive error syscall ABI mismatch

Post by Viech »

That error usually shows when your game version is out of sync with your VM version. Make sure the vms-*.pk3 being loaded fits your Unvanquished version (those being loaded show up in the console output). Paste your console output if you need further help.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Drakov

Post by Drakov »

Ok, I went to ver 0.21 and deleted 0.19 then reinstalled 0.21 to get vms 21 back and it works.
Sorry for the disturbance ^^"

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

It's not your fault, I have the feeling the current installer loves to leave bad files in place and ignore new ones.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction